Golf Cart Final Inspection Request
This request is only for golf cart owners who have already registered their golf carts with the Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV).
Please note, in order for your gold cart to be registered with the St. John Parish Sheriff’s Office, your vehicle will need the following:
1. Efficient brakes
2. Reliable steering apparatus
3. Safe tires
4. Rear view mirror
5. Red reflective warning devices in both the front and rear of the vehicle
6. Front and rear turn signal lamps
7. Tail lamps
8. Brake lamps
9. Head lamps
10. Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
11. Vehicle must have an OMV “Off Road” decal
12. Proof of liability insurance
Once your request has been submitted, you will be contacted by a St. John Parish Sheriff’s Office deputy to schedule a time and place for your inspection.